The works of H. P. Lovecraft are public domain in the USA. Although legal restrictions exist in other countries, as the translations are still protected.
This project aims to provide free (as in speech) translations that everyone can read and use. Currently only german translations are enabled. If you would like to translate to another language ask corbie.
The translations are licensed under the Public Domain Dedication (CC 0). You are not obliged to refer to this project in your works but we really appreciate it.
- Try to preverve Lovecraft’s archaic language. He wrote in that dated style on purpose – in the beginning of the 20th century.
- Use your language's correct grammar and punctuation. Don’t use replacement characters.
- EN right: “We translate Lovecraft’s stories!” – wrong: "We translate Lovecraft's stories!"
- DE richtig: „Wir übersetzen Lovecrafts Geschichten!“ – falsch: "Wir uebersetzen Lovecraft's Geschichten!"
- ES correcto: «¡Traducimos las historias de Lovecraft!» – incorrecto: "Traducimos las historias de Lovecraft!"
- If you see a corrupted passage in a source text: please report it to a maintainer!
- If a text by Lovecraft you would like to translate is missing: tell a maintainer!